Situated at the junction of Europe, Asia, and Africa, Greece is regarded as the cradle of democracy and the birthplace of western civilization. The country’s history dates back to 800 BCE and has significantly influenced the language, arts, philosophy, politics, and physical pursuits of the modern world. Remnants of Greece’s illustrious past can still be seen in its capital city Athens, which still retains the city’s ancient landmarks.Consisting of a mainland on the Balkan peninsula and thousands of islands spread throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas, Greece has become a major European business center and is regarded as one of the world’s top holiday destinations.
Greece’s warm Mediterranean climate, world-renowned gastronomy, and cosmopolitan cities, coupled with the country’s exquisite beaches and authentic local traditions and hospitality, have led many upwardly mobile individuals to make this country their second home.
As a member state of the EU, Greece offers its residents and citizens a number of reassuring benefits including high levels of safety and security, excellent education opportunities, robust healthcare options, and a dependable rule of law.
PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN GREECE (GOLDEN VISA)
The Greek “Golden Visa” for “Permanent residency for investors” offers permanent residency permit to non-EU citizens and their family members, who acquire real estate property in Greece.
An investment of real estate in Greece is required, with minimum value of €250,000 which makes the Greek programme the lowest investment level of any real estate residency visa scheme in Europe.
- Real estate investment – the applicant must retain the property after the application has been accepted
- Clear criminal record
- Medical insurance
- No minimum stay requirement
- The investment can be made in land, off-plan, new or resale properties as long as the minimum value of the investment has been met
- The property can be located anywhere on the Greek mainland or the islands
- Can be either residential or commercial
- Either single or multiple properties with a combined value of €250,000.
- The applicant needs to have made the property investment in Greece prior to the submission of the visa
Joint Owners of the Investment
- In cases of joint ownership, where the value of the property is €250.000, the residence is only granted if the owners are spouses with undivided ownership of the property.
- In all other cases of joint ownership, the residence permit is only granted if the amount invested by each of the joint owners is at least €250.000.
- The investor / applicant
- Their spouse
- Unmarried dependent children up to the age 21.
- The dependent parents of both spouses
Benefits of the Greek “Golden Visa”
- Live freely in Greece or continue to live in your home country and use the permit whenever you need it
- Gives the right to apply for EU citizenship (after living in Greece for 7 years, in accordance with legal provisions)
- Visa-free travel to all countries of the Schengen zone
- Enjoy the same health and education rights as Greek nationals
Steps to follow
Step one: Issue entry visa and visit Greece to find the right property
Step two: Issue Tax id number
Step three: Open Bank account with a local Bank
Step four: Purchase property
Step five: Signing of the sale purchase agreement (the final Contract)
The applicant can sign the sale and purchase agreement through a power of attorney
Step six: Start the application for the Golden Visa
- Appointed Greek Lawyer to satisfy all the requirements in relation to the procedure of signing the Contract in Notary Office and transfer of Title Deed to Client(s) name(s).
- Settlement of Contract amount in full, including all legal fees & Title Deed transfer fee.
- Issuance of Title Deed.
- Meeting with lawyer and signing the power of attorney in Public Notary Office in case the applicant won’t visit Greece for signing the application.
Step seven: Submit all the requisite documents to obtain the golden visa (The applicant can submit the application through a power of attorney)
- Copy of passport.
- 3 recent colour photographs.
- Medical Insurance.
- The final sales and purchase agreement of the property or properties with a minimum value of €250,000.
- Transfer Certificate (of title deed) from the Land Registry.
- Power of Attorney in case the client won’t visit Greece to sign the application
- Residence Permit Application: €2,000 per adult person.
- For the Applicant’s family members (spouse, children): additional recent certificate of marital status, translated and stamped apostille, proving the relationship.
Renewal of the permanent permit
- Renewed every 5 years by presenting to the authority the title deed of the property.