A. & E. C. Emilianides, C. Katsaros & Associates LLC https://ekllc.eu/ is a full-service legal practice, with its headquarters based in Nicosia, Cyprus and with offices in Limassol.
Led by Prof. Dr. Achilles C. Emilianides and Costas V. Katsaros, the firm has been transformed into a group of professional services and one of the major legal practices of the region, with a team of more than 40 qualified professionals, offering legal, advisory & corporate services.
Firm has a long tradition in real estate & construction law and its Managing Partner, Prof. Dr. Emilianides is the lecturer/examiner of the Real Estate Law on the lectures/exams of the trainee lawyers who apply for a professional lawyer’s licence.
The firm is actively engaged in all aspects of real estate law, and has extensive experience in consulting and representing prospective buyers, real estate owners, developers, real estate companies, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers, real investors, private and public bodies, lenders, property-owning institutions, retailers and banks.
The firm advises clients on all aspects of real estate and construction projects, including the following:
- Drafting and negotiating sale & purchase agreements and other legal documents
- Due diligence reviews
- Advice on construction procurement issues
- Advice on legal and regulatory requirements
- Initiating or defending clients in construction law actions before the Courts
- Dispute Resolution
Services provided by our firm in the real estate sector, include:
- Negotiations, drafting and completion of real estate transactions
- Advice and assistance with property management agreements and contracts relating to major property developments
- Undertaking of property due diligence exercises
- Advice on financial/tax matters
- Advice on town planning and other governmental requirements
- Obtaining the special permission required from the authorities for third-country nationals in order to register immovable property in their names
- Advice on leasing and subleasing matters
- Advice on public procurement and concessions
- Collecting overdue and unpaid rent, advising on breach of terms and termination of leases which, in most cases, fall under the provisions of the Rent Control Laws.
- Dispute Resolution
- Litigation on real estate matters